Saturday, June 21, 2014

Big D Construction Kids Fair 2014


Every summer Big D Construction puts on a Kids Fair for the children of its employees.  It's geared towards teaching the little ones how to safely deal with anything from tools to first aid.  It started off with a 5K run/walk.  Levi and Brigham started off running as fast as they could while David and I walked with Hyrum.  Before I knew it, Brigham came back wheezing.  I was MORE than happy to go back to the car with him to get his inhaler and just wait for the rest of our family at the finish line!  I walk on the treadmill almost every day but I don't care to run....at all!
Levi was the first in our family to cross the finish line.  He ran the 3 1/2 miles the whole way and I was so proud of him! 
David would have liked to have said the same thing but a certain little Bitty didn't care so much for the sport in this race.
(Brigham and Hyrum climbing the tower with Daddy watching over)
Even though there was a lot to teach the kids about safety, the boys flocked to all the fun stuff like this rock climbing tower...
 and building cars...
and painting them...
using their strength to get this ride to spin and...
miniature golfing.
While David, Levi, and Brigham got on a crane Hyrum and I kept ourselves busy with silly pictures.  Hyrum has a fear of heights and a love for silly faces just like his momma!

It was a great time, other than the heat, and I really appreciated Big D Constructions effort to do this every summer for the kids.


No comments: