Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mt. Diablo: Rock City

David had the Saturday off and so we thought we would use the chance to go hiking.  About an hour away is Mt. Diablo. 

 My roommate from college, Brittany, lives just a few minutes away from the mountain so not only did I get hike time but I got friend time!  David made a comment about how glad he was that I had Brittany, after we left.  I think he worries about me, with all our moves, having to leave friends each time.  He knows how much I need girl time.  I am REALLY grateful that Brittany lives so close!
(Avery and Brittany)
Another nice thing about having Brittany with us is that she could show us where the cool stuff was.  We spent all our time at "Rock City."  She couldn't have picked a more perfect place for my older boys.  
We saw deer, a lizard, and a gopher (we fed him some of our carrots to get him to come out of his whole.  He did and he was sooooooooooooooo cute!) but none of that compared to all the climbing.  And the rock was kind of a soft rock so it was fun for them to mess with that as well.
 (Alexandra, Hyrum, Levi, and Brigham)
I was so wiped out by the time we left.  I walk 6 days a week for an hour so I was surprised how much this took out of me.  But still very glad that we went.  The boys needed it and I think Daddy did too :)

3 comments:

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Looks like so much fun. I so miss the west for all of the outdoorsy stuff you can do. You just don't have that kind of stuff in Oklahoma. Enjoy

The Bass Family Pond said...

Good to know you're happy and doing well in Cali. Great to have friends who are there for us...")

Char said...

How fun! I'm jealous of the friend time and sunshine!