Saturday, March 10, 2012

Brazilian Feast

The last time that we lived in Utah, I heard about these all you can eat meat restaurants.  All I knew about these restaurants was that they served weird stuff like alligator and snake, along with regular meat, and that you ate as much as you wanted.  Every man's dream, right?  Actually, even some girls that I know.  Well, I am not a huge meat fan.  I have always said that if the Word of Wisdom said "No Meat" instead of eating meat "sparingly" that I would be just fine with that.  Its not that I am all worried about killing animals, I just don't care that much for meat.  In fact there is some that I actually can't stand.  Now fish....that is a different story.  LOVE fish!  
As much as I didn't care to go to one of these restaurants, I did want David to go however.  But they are kinda pricey.  Well, a few weeks ago some friends of ours told us about Tucanos Brazilian Grill and how they pretty much only go on their birthdays because it is free.  So with my birthday coming up next week, David and I headed to Salt Lake.
David was in meat heaven!  You get all you want at the salad bar and wait at your table for the meat.  You have this peice of wood with one side colored red (stop) and the other green (more please!).  Ours was green side up pretty much the whole time.
 They had cooked collard greens at the salad bar.  I have always wanted to try them so what the heck!  I took a bite, was grossed out, but paused for a picture.  It seemed like it took forever for David to take this picture while I still had the collard greens in my mouth!  I'm hoping that the Brazilian way of fixing collard greens is different from the African American way that I have always heard so many southerners talk about.
 So the oddest thing they brought out was chicken hearts.  David wasn't exactly too thrilled to try this but I figure if this boy can willingly try opossum, he can try chicken heart for a picture!
Yeah, he was pretty grossed out but that didn't stop his meat feast.  I think he maybe took one bite out of his salad.  :)   David is not one to ever stuff his self full of anything but I think he got pretty close today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was given chicken hearts on Christmas eve while on my mission in Brazil. Brazilian food is amazing. I hope the restaurant did it justice!

Tricia said...

Haha. How funny is that. You know, I think that I was watching ur kids at that time. :) I remember when we talked about fish the hole time.

Tricia said...

Oh by the way that was me. Morgan :)