Saturday, March 17, 2012

Beehive Tea Room

For my birthday, Christine took me out for lunch at the Beehive Tea Room in Salt Lake City.  I love that she wanted to go someplace girly and different.  She doesn't have any kids but is married so is always around a boy and well, we know my boy situation.......we both needed this!  
I am not quite sure how this place stays in business, honestly.  It is memorable and unique but it is very small, so it can't cater to many people.  Not a big deal if it was fast food, I would think, but this place is specifically for people who want to stay and chat.  So the small amount of customers that they can attend to takes up space for quite some time. The specialty drinks are brought out somewhat quickly but you wait for quite some time for the food....again, leaving time to talk.  It was perfect!
It was all so good but my favorite had to be the Italian cream soda.  I know Christine from my Idaho days and she was actually with me there when I had my first Italian cream soda.  It has always felt like a special treat every since.  So much so today, that when it was time for dessert, I just couldn't do it.  
My favorite quote for today came out of Christine's mouth.  We were talking about something but got distracted.  Once I realized that we never finished our previous conversation she said, "We got distracted by the deliciousness!"

No comments: