Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Living Planet Aquarium

We have had a lot of opportunities to meet up with old friends in the few weeks that we have been here in Utah. The rest of this week, I am continuing to meet up with old friend but it is always fun to do that while doing something you have never done before.
Hyrum and I meet Christine West up at The Living Planet Aquarium today. I have always thought that the sounds of running fish tanks and watching them swim can be so relaxing.
But my favorite part was not relaxing....it was FUN! There is a "touch pool" there with a few stingrays in it. They swam all around but there was one in particular that was VERY friendly. He acted as if he liked being touched. He would actually come up to us and flip part of his body out of the water to touch us. I seriously wanted this guy for a pet!
I LOVE this picture! Christine was so sweet with Hyrum the whole time, showing him around. I got this picture right after our friendly stingray went up the side of the touch pool and got both of them.
We bought a family membership so I'm excited to bring the other boys later. I can't wait for them to see the otters. They only have 3 otters there......and they are brothers!

No comments: