Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First Love




Hyrum is a lot like Levi when it comes to friends. He seems to have more "girl" friends than he does "boy" friends at this age. Now that Levi is older his friends are boys but it doesn't seem like it was too long ago that all we heard were about little girls at school. So, I'm sure Hyrum will grown out of this but I don't want to forget just how cute him and Natalie are. Natalie is his first friend that he has consistently talked about. It is Natalie this and Natalie that if he is ever talking about Head Start. I love coming into his class room each day to hear a new story from one of his teachers about something Natalie and Hyrum have done that day together. He is at that stage where they don't get that you can have more than one friend and so he is heartbroken when ever Natalie plays with someone else.
My favorite Natalie and Hyrum story involves the first picture. I came into the classroom to pick Hyrum up one day when Mrs. Julie tells me that she had the children draw pictures of their families. They do this quite often so I have seen my fair share of Hyrum's artwork of our family but this time is was very different. All he had drawn was a picture of just him and Natalie! Mrs. Julie told me that if they were 16 she would be worried!

No comments: