Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sisters night out....with a side of Glenn

So, April called me last night and told me that she was going to take me out for an early birthday present tonight. She wouldn't tell me what we were going to be doing other than that we were going to Joplin, MO. I have to admit that for just a little bit last night I was a little, I guess, not looking forward to it. For someone who used to be so ready for a laugh pretty much anytime, it still catches me off guard how I've changed so much. These last few years I have watched myself change into someone I've barely recognized and for a second last night when April called I worried. I worried about the "surprise." But I'm happy to say that all day today I was excited for my sister to come and take me away somewhere fun! I love this change in me. I'm still not that same person that I was growing up and I suspect I never will be but I think I just may be finding that "happy medium." I am a true believer that there is a positive and a negative to everything. EVERYTHING. And like this new me, I positively love that I don't care about things so much anymore. I don't stress about looking perfect, being perfect and so on ...but on the negative side.....I don't really care about what I look like anymore. April knows me way to well and so part of my present was for her to come over early and fix my hair for me. She knows that otherwise it would be up in a ponytail! I love that my sister would serve me in this way. So after my hair was fixed and I graced her with makeup (another oddity! So sad, huh?! But growing up, I wouldn't leave the house without makeup on and I'm not sure I knew what I ponytail holder was until I got my first real job and had to pull up my hair!) off we went to Joplin. The trip was full of laughter and never finishing a single story! I felt like a silly girl laughing at us and our constant change of stories. First she took me to Johnny Carinos...oh so yummy. Then she took me to a movie......to see the Glenn Beck/Bill O'Reilly Bold and Fresh Tour! Yes, I am a nerd and was soooooooooooo excited! Ok, so they were not there in person but who cares! Once again, I am a nerd but I LOVE GLENN BECK! Here I am "kissing" my Glenn Beck ticket! On the way home we had calmed down just a bit....so that we could actually finish some of our stories. I had such a wonderful early birthday present, Apeeee. I love you!

5 comments:

Jolayne said...

I love this. You girls are so beautiful. I remember being so little and (when I wasn't kicking you guys) totally looking up to you... and I still do. You are some amazing women and I'm so proud to call you friends!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you have each other! Fun!

Shan Reid said...

Looks like fun to me! And you both look fantastic, BYW!

Christina Brinkworth said...

Ok my friend, seeing this past made me happy for you that you had a gret time but worried. I haven't been blogging or reading for soooo long I am out of the loop. I am gonna email you and see how you are (if I have your email) LOL You look amazing in your pic with your sister...amazing!!!!

Apeeee said...

Sad that I'm just now commenting but...I HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME!!!!! I love being with you! You missed the most important thing about me though. I love pushing your STUPID BUTTON!!! That is my favorite type of "service" I give you!! LOL! I love you sis and was so glad that I got to spend this day with you...even if just a month later the actual Glen Beck was in Tulsa...in the flesh! I guess its the thought that counts!