Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Date Nights

I am going to Branson, MO for a few days with some of my friends in a few days and so my Dad came to watch the kids last night so David and I could go on a date. It was so wonderful! I came to realize something last night. I guess it is more of remembering something. David and I both know that we should put date nights as a priority in our lives but we don't. For years it was because I couldn't leave the kids. It seriously was no fun for me to go on dates with David because I worried about the kids the whole time we were gone. There were plenty of times that we cut a date short because of this. About 2 years ago is when I finally was able to feel comfortable with leaving the kids with someone; probably because we were living by family for the first time! We would put the kids to bed and then Helen would come over (or should I say, up the stairs. She lived below us in the basement.) and listen for the kids....and sometimes watch them because they would sneak out of their rooms! There is only so much you can do that late at night though. So then we started realizing how important it is to have a real date no matter what! We actually started spending money on ourselves! That was always a factor in not going on dates also. We have went through ups and downs since then on remembering what we realized not so long ago. We let money get in the way. I've let my fear of being in crowded places get in the way. There are always excuses. But we are remembering again.....and I am very much in love with my husband.....

2 comments:

Kristi Avery said...

Awwwww.....You two look so cute!! Alisa, you look gorgeous!!Seriously, we forget how important dates are too. Thanks for the reminder.

Kyla said...

it's sooo easy to neglect your marriage when you have kids. We were just getting better at it and now we have a 4 week old baby. How does anyone do it with a baby?Kyla