Monday, July 19, 2021

Brigham turned 17!

Brigham turned 17 last week.  It was on a Tuesday and with David having to work and him coming home so late, I knew there was only so much we could do on his actual birthday.  David was able to get home much earlier than he normally does, though, and took Brigham to Tucanos Brazilian Grill.  He has done that for the last his last few birthdays as well.  I think this might be a tradition for these two.
Here and there throughout the week, if something would come up I'd say to Brigham something like, "Since it was just your birthday, how about you pick?"  But the real celebration came on Saturday when everyone was home.  The main things that happened was Brigham went paintballing for the first time.  After getting beat up (you should see the welts on Levi and David's backs!) they went to go see the new movie, Black Widow.
My Brigham is just a good kid.  He really is.  At 17 he could be doing all kinds of things that a lot of teenagers do but instead he puts a lot of weight on helping others.  He may not be the first to raise his hand when someone calls out for a volunteer but I think that is because he doesn't want the attention.  Because the second he is asked to do something for someone else who is in need, he is on it.  His biggest project?  Probably his mother!  He helps me so much with Ruger.  He gives me daily breaks.  Even when he isn't watching him, if he hears Ruger talk back to me, Brigham doesn't even give me the chance to get on to Ruger most of the time!  He is on him right away!  
The Bishop was complimenting Brigham, to David and I, not very long ago.  He was talking about how he knew he could always count on Brigham and how interesting it was that Brigham didn't want credit for it.  What came to my mind was the counselors of the church.  You know, each organization has a "President" and that president has counselors.  We often praise or criticize the Presidents.  I hate to write that, but it's true.  But a good counselor will help make that President.  I think Brigham was made to be a counselor in life.  I'm really proud of him for that.

No comments: