Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Poppy Time!

Before Levi's surgery, Poppy flew in to stay with us for 10 days.  I am so close to my Dad and always have been.  But to watch my boys get to spend one on one time with him was priceless.

Anyone who knows my Dad knows that he is a teaser.  And he loves to laugh.  So teasing his grandkids makes him laugh!  I can hear him laughing now even as I am typing this.  Some of my favorite moments was when Brigham would try to get him back.  I would hear little whispers coming from Brigham as he was telling his brothers what he was going to do next to get Poppy back.  I smiled often during those days as I got to watch the boys get to know even better the silly man that I call Dad.

I'm truly grateful to be blessed with a father that not only loves his grandchildren but likes to play with them too.  Lots of "playing" happened during those days.  We sure do miss him....

 Poppy and the boys couldn't even wait to get over the divider thing to hug each other.  In fact, it was so sweet watching my father try to get down the escalator (in the area that David, the boys, and I couldn't pass).  The people in front of him were standing on it as it was making its way down but that wasn't fast enough for Poppy.  He ran the few steps back up the escalator and then down the stairs so he could get there faster.  That is a memory that I will keep forever, I'm sure.
 Look at me surrounded by all these handsome men/boys!
The boys were ganging up on Poppy and David with the Nerf guns.  The boys made sure that they had the big working guns while they gave David and Poppy the misfit guns.

But after a while Poppy gave up and just started chucking the Nerf darts at the boys!
Poppy brought with him, from Oklahoma, the game Bean Boozled.   You use a spinner to find out what type of Jelly Belly bean that you get to try.  You don't know which flavor it is; only what it looks like.  I don't like Jelly Beans as it is so as you can imagine, this is really a nasty game for me.
 Some of the names of the gross beans are lawn clippings, canned dog food, and as you can see from this picture, barf!
 The men/boys roasted marshmallows with homemade roasting sticks.  I love my redneck family :)
There was a LOT of laughter in our house while Poppy was here.  I think we have a happy household as it is, but Poppy truly did bump it up a notch or two.  It was so very welcomed and we miss him very much.


No comments: