Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

I love Memorial Day weekend.  I love reminding my kids about our military and those who have gone before us defending what was so dear to them.  I love spending the weekend with those that are so dear to ME.  I love our tradition of going to random graves to put pinwheels on children's grave (Though, this year Hyrum insisted on putting his pinwheel on his Great Grandmother's grave - Helen's mother).  I love that is screams the unofficial beginning of summer (and yes, I do love summers.....just not in Oklahoma!).  And I love that David gets a 3 day weekend!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

What a special tradition. I thought the Wilsons sould have been with you:( I am sad cuz I was going to call you and ask if you were going... bummer! My kids have been wanting a play day with the Adams. Summer is almost here and we will have to plan for some time together. Love you. I admire you. Your such a great momma:)