Friday, January 12, 2024

Sundance

In September, Cami invited me to go to Sundance to ride their ski lifts to see the fall leaves and then get off halfway to hike back down.  I am very afraid of heights and normally I would have said no but I have really been working on my fears lately since Hyrum has been such a good example to me.  He has really been pushing his boundaries, when it comes to his fears.  I want him to know that I notice his efforts.  I also want him to know that he can be an example to others so I said yes!  But before Cami and I got on the ski lift, we walked around Sundance and took in all the beauty of the water.

I wish I could say that the ski lift wasn't as scary as I thought it would be but it was scary!  I tried to keep my eyes open as long as I could but honestly, it didn't last very long.  It was especially scary when we were going down.  When going up, I could keep distracted with talking to Cami but not so much going down.  Cami was so good to me and just kept talking to me to try and distract me.  
I was so happy to get off that lift and hike!  It was just beautiful.  After hiking a while and with my heart not racing from the lift, I decided to be brave and get back on to go up higher.
After all was said and done, I can say that I don't care to go back on a ski lift but I can say that I'm glad that I tried.

No comments: