Wednesday, December 23, 2015

We have a TEENAGER!

So, we have a teenager in our mist now.  Weird.  Not weird in the, "I'm not old enough to have a teenager" kind of thing.  Just where has the time gone?  And why doesn't he act like a teenager?  Why doesn't he have more attitude?  Why do David and I deserve such a good teenager?
 
We sure do love this boy.  He is such a good example to his both his parents and brothers.  He wants to be good.  He is patient.  He is kind.  We couldn't ask for a better child to bring us into the teenage years.
 
This year, his birthday was on a Sunday so it made it kind of odd for celebrating.  And a few years ago we started doing this "odd" year thing.  On the odd years, they don't have birthday parties with their friends.  On those years, they get to choose something fun to do with their parents.  He chose to watch the new Star Wars movie.  I begged him not to choose me!  If you know me, I really don't like watching movies/shows that can't be real.  If I'm gonna watch TV its needs to be either funny, romantic, or spiritual.  The thought of watching Star Wars makes me want to poke my eyes out.  In fact, lets push that finger farther up my eyes and into my brain and swirl it around.
 
 
Yeah, he chose his Daddy to go with him on Saturday.
 
Then on Sunday he opened presents (the picture above is of him and his favorite gift from all the adults from Oklahoma. 3DS XL) and had homemade cake.  He is old enough now that he doesn't want the store bought themed cakes.  It's all about taste now :)

No comments: