Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Last Day

Yesterday was our last day in Oklahoma.  We went out proud to be Okies!
Dad drove us to the Tulsa airport.  On the way there, I told him how hard it was to leave Grandpa and Grandma.  Time is just so precious now that Grandma got so sick.  There comes a time when you finally realize that your grandparents aren't immortal and its scary.  They have much more time left on Earth, but it is still scary all the same.  

After we went through security and waved one last time to Dad, we were distracted with finding our gate.  But once we had time to sit down, I noticed Levi was trying his hardest not to cry.  He didn't want to tell me until we got on the plane but I couldn't stand it so I kinda kept asking him if it was this or that.  Finally, he said through tears, "I just am afraid that I won't see Poppy again."

Talk about breaking your heart!  I felt so guilty as I realized he probably had such a hard time of it because he had heard me talk about being scared of not seeing my grandparents again to my father.  So he probably pictured the same thing in his mind of the man he was sitting right next to, in the truck, that was taking us to an airport that would take us so many miles away.

I assured him that Poppy was still VERY young and that he had nothing to worry about...so here are a few more pictures of our trip to remind Levi that his family may be far away but these memories will last a lifetime.

Here is one of the many visits to the Grand Lake Villa to see Grandma and Grandpa.


Shaylee and Levi writing a note to Poppy (Beck) to leave on his truck so he would see it in the morning before he left for work.

Levi and Layne loving each other.  Levi LOVES little kids and even though, most of the time, Layne wouldn't come to me, she had no problem at all being all around and over Levi.  Mom and Dad told me that as they were taking Allie back from Nanny/Poppy night to April's house (where we were staying the whole time while in Oklahoma), Dad asked Levi if he wanted to stay with him as he went garage sale hunting.  Levi said he would stay with me at Auntie's house when Logan started crying.  He didn't want Levi to go.  Levi immediately said he would go to the garage sales.  He just wants to make his little cousins happy :)

No comments: