Sunday, May 27, 2018

Stinchcomb

This journal entry will be a picture overload of multiple times of hiking, biking, and tree jumping at Stinchcolm in Bethany.  David found this place for me after our getaway in Tulsa.  He was trying to find more places for me to hike.

The first time it was just him and I that went.  I didn't take even one picture.  I almost regret it now but I really just wanted to enjoy the new place as well as the time spent with David.  The trail is not used often, you can tell, because there is a lot of over growth but it almost felt as if the forest/woods was hugging us in a way.  
 The following day, we took the boys.  Hyrum and I went on the hiking trail while David and the older boys rode their bikes (Ruger was with Nanny and Poppy). 
I have 2 favorite spots on this hike.  This is one of them.  To the left would be the river.  People are kayaking down it while to the right of this trail is a dirt road that the older boys were riding their bikes.  
 About the third time we went to Stinchcolm, we went there for the purpose of swinging off this tree and jumping into the river.  Well, I say "we" but I don't get in water that I can't see through.  So I gladly was the picture taker!











 Brigham is the whole reason we went.  He isn't big into hiking but once he saw that swing the first time we took them, he would not leave me alone about going back.  He asked me daily until we finally went for Family Home Evening one night.  And I'm really glad that we did.  
 (David fixing the rope on a different trip there.  Someone had removed the other one and so my monkey husband got right up there to put it further out and fix it so that wasn't so close to the water.  This was our second time at the swing)
 This is my other favorite spot.  David and I followed some deer out here on our very first time there.  But it is off the trail and was hard to find on all the other times we went out.  Sometimes I couldn't even find it.  But I love this picture because it reminds me of the boys kinda freaking out as the mosquitoes were attacking us.  It is the only part of this hike where it happens every time.  It is so beautiful at this part but you can't stay long at all.  By the time that David had finished taking the picture the boys were running back to the trail and complaining about how much they LOVE nature.  How they would much rather experience it on TV!  It was hilarious laughing at them talking about the "mammoth mosquitoes" and such.

April came to stay with me for a week to help me.  While she was here, I took her on this hike.  We found a turtle on the path.  She picked the little guy and up and he peed and peed and peed!  

I really do love this place but unfortunately we won't be back for a bit.  I came home with a tick on me and those mosquitoes were just getting worse and worse with each time we went out.  I think we are going to have to wait until the Fall to come back out.

No comments: